The BCCI has announced the dates and locations for their upcoming home series against Sri Lanka, New Zealand, and Australia.
India’s ODI Series Schedule
Sri Lanka will be the first team to visit India in the New Year for a white-ball series, with three T20Is followed by the same number of ODIs from January 3 to 15. The matches will be played at six different locations, with the first T20I taking place in Mumbai. The last time Sri Lanka visited India for T20Is was in February 2022, when India easily won the series 3-0. For the first time since 2017, the visitors will play an ODI series in India, which the hosts won 2-1.
Also Read: Mehidy powers Bangladesh to thrilling 1st ODI win over India to lead the series 1-0
Three days after the Sri Lanka series concludes, India will host New Zealand for another three-match ODI series between the 18th and 24th of January, followed by a three-match T20I series from the 27th to the 1st of February. India has a strong record against New Zealand, having defeated them in both ODIs and T20Is the last time they visited. Australia will then embark on a lengthy tour that will include both red and white ball cricket. The first of four Border-Gavaskar Trophy Tests will take place on February 9th.
Also Read: Mehidy powers Bangladesh to thrilling 2nd ODI win over India to lead the series 2-0
India currently holds the Border-Gavaskar Trophy after a historic victory in Australia in 2020-21. The series will also be crucial in determining the finalists for the ICC World Test Championship 2021/23. Following the Tests, the visitors will play three One-Day Internationals (ODIs) from March 17 to 22.
Sri Lanka tour of India
- 3 January – 1st T20I, Mumbai
- 5 January – 2nd T20I, Pune
- 7 January – 3rd T20I, Rajkot
- 10 January – 1st ODI, Guwahati
- 12 January – 2nd ODI, Kolkata
- 15 January – 3rd ODI, Trivandrum
New Zealand tour of India
- 18 January – 1st ODI, Hyderabad
- 21 January – 2nd ODI, Raipur
- 24 January – 3rd ODI, Indore
- 27 January – 1st T20I, Ranchi
- 29 January – 2nd T20I, Lucknow
- 1 February – 3rd T20I, Ahmedabad
Australia tour of India
- 9 to 13 February – 1st Test, Nagpur
- 17 to 21 February – 2nd Test, Delhi
- 1 to 5 March – 3rd Test, Dharamsala
- 9 to 13 March – 4th Test, Ahmedabad
- 17 March – 1st ODI, Mumbai
- 19 March, 2nd ODI, Vizag
- 22 March – 3rd ODI, Chennai