The Pakistan Super League (PSL) has seen some fantastic catches over the years. Here are five of the top catches from the PSL.
Top 5 PSL Catches
- Ben Cutting’s catch (Quetta Gladiators vs. Islamabad United, 2019): In a match between Quetta Gladiators and Islamabad United, Ben Cutting took an incredible catch to dismiss the dangerous Luke Ronchi. Cutting sprinted from long-on, leaped into the air, and plucked the ball with one hand before landing just inside the boundary rope.
- Khurram Manzoor’s catch (Karachi Kings vs. Peshawar Zalmi, 2017): Khurram Manzoor took a stunning one-handed catch at point to dismiss Peshawar Zalmi’s, Mohammad Hafeez. The catch was hit hard and looked certain to clear the infield, but Manzoor flew to his right and took the catch with one hand.
- Andre Russell’s catch (Islamabad United vs. Karachi Kings, 2016): In the first season of the PSL, Andre Russell took a spectacular catch to dismiss the dangerous Ravi Bopara. Bopara had hit the ball high in the air, and Russell sprinted from long-off, dived full length, and took the catch inches off the ground.
- Mohammad Nawaz’s catch (Quetta Gladiators vs. Islamabad United, 2019): Mohammad Nawaz took a stunning catch to dismiss Islamabad United’s Cameron Delport. Delport had hit the ball towards midwicket, and Nawaz, who was fielding at deep square leg, ran towards the ball, dived full length, and took a brilliant one-handed catch.
- Sohail Tanvir’s catch (Multan Sultans vs. Peshawar Zalmi, 2020): Sohail Tanvir took an incredible catch at the boundary rope to dismiss Peshawar Zalmi’s, Haider Ali. Ali had hit the ball high in the air towards long-on, and Tanvir, who was fielding at long-off, sprinted towards the ball, leaped into the air, and took the catch inches inside the boundary rope.
Also Raed: 5 Best Catches In Cricket History