Babar Azam, the Pakistan cricket team’s captain, is one of the most talented batsmen in the world today. He has been an integral part of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) since its inception and has several records to his name. Here are some of the records that Babar Azam holds in the PSL.
Babar Azam Records in PSL
- Most runs in a single PSL season: Babar Azam holds the record for the most runs scored by a batsman in a single PSL season. He scored 473 runs in the 2019 season, surpassing Kamran Akmal’s previous record of 357 runs in the 2017 season.
- Highest batting average in the PSL: Babar Azam has the highest batting average in the PSL among batsmen who have scored more than 500 runs in the tournament. He has scored 1705 runs in 50 innings at an average of 47.36.
- Most half-centuries in the PSL: Babar Azam has scored the most number of half-centuries in the PSL. He has 15 half-centuries to his name in the tournament, which is the highest by any batsman.
- Fastest century in the PSL: Babar Azam scored the fastest century in the PSL during the 2020 season. He reached the milestone off just 49 balls against the Karachi Kings.
- Most Player of the Match awards in the PSL: Babar Azam has won the Player of the Match award six times in the PSL, which is the most by any player.
Overall, Babar Azam has been a consistent performer in the PSL and has played a vital role in the success of his team Karachi Kings. His impressive performances in the tournament have also contributed significantly to his rise as one of the best batsmen in the world.
Also Read: ICC Cricket: Babar Azam records in Test Cricket